These Crock Pot Glazed Carrots are perfectly seasoned and slow-cooked to perfection with a mouth-watering blend of butter, brown sugar, and honey, giving them a sweet and warming flavor that will leave you wanting more. Whether you're cooking for a special occasion or a cozy family dinner, these glazed carrots are the best side dish for any main course!
Glazed carrots are a classic side dish that adds a burst of flavor and color to any meal. These delicious veggies are cooked in a glaze made from a combination of butter, brown sugar, honey, and the warmth of cinnamon which gives them a sweet, slightly caramelized taste. They are tender and juicy and easily complement any savory main dish!
One of the best things about this veggie side dish is that they are incredibly easy to make, especially when you use a crock pot. The crock pot allows you to slow-cook the carrots, which not only intensifies their flavor but also ensures that they are perfectly cooked every time.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Glazed carrots are incredibly easy to prepare with just a handful of ingredients, making it a hassle-free side dish for any occasion.
- The slow-cooking process in the crock pot allows the carrots to soak up the sweet and savory glaze, resulting in tender and juicy veggies with a delectable caramelized flavor.
- The combination of brown sugar and honey adds a depth of flavor that will perfectly balance any salty or spicy main dish you serve.
- These glazed carrots are not only delicious but also highly nutritious, packed with vitamins and minerals, making them an excellent addition to any balanced diet.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Baby Carrots - As the star ingredient in this recipe, baby carrots add a sweet, slightly earthy flavor to the dish. Using baby carrots also saves time since they don't require peeling or chopping.
- Salt - An essential ingredient in any dish, including glazed carrots. In this recipe, the salt helps to enhance the natural sweetness of the carrots.
- Cinnamon - A warm, aromatic spice that adds depth and complexity to the dish. It pairs perfectly with the sweetness of brown sugar and honey, creating a deliciously warm and cozy flavor.
- Minced Garlic - Helps to balance out the sweetness of the glaze and adds a subtle layer of complexity to the flavor profile.
- Brown Sugar - A key ingredient in the glaze, providing sweetness and a subtle caramel flavor. The molasses in the brown sugar also adds a depth of flavor to the dish.
- Honey - Another sweetener used in the glaze, providing a natural sweetness and a floral flavor.
- Butter - Helps create a rich, velvety texture in the glaze. It also adds a subtle creaminess to the dish and helps to bring all of the flavors together.
How To Make Glazed Carrots In The Crock Pot
Add carrots: Remove the baby carrots from the bag and place them in the bottom of the crock pot.
Assemble the glaze: To a medium-sized bowl, add the salt, cinnamon, garlic, brown sugar, honey, and melted butter. Mix until well combined and pour over carrots.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the top and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5-6 hours, stirring a few times during the cooking process. Cook until the carrots are fork-tender.
Stir and serve: Mix well before serving while hot with your favorite main course. Enjoy!
- When cooking glazed carrots in the crock pot, make sure to use baby carrots or cut your regular carrots into small, evenly sized pieces. This will help to ensure that the carrots cook evenly.
- Make sure to stir the carrots occasionally while they're cooking in the crock pot. This will help to ensure that the carrots are coated evenly with the glaze.
- If you prefer your glazed carrots to be slightly less sweet, you can reduce the amount of brown sugar and honey in the recipe. Just be careful not to reduce the amount too much, as the glaze is an essential component in the texture of the dish.
- To add a little extra flavor and texture to the dish, you can sprinkle chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or thyme, over the glazed carrots before serving. This will give the dish a fresh, bright flavor and a beautiful pop of color.
- Use different types of carrots in this recipe, such as rainbow carrots or heirloom carrots. This will not only add a pop of color to the dish but will also give the glazed carrots a slightly different flavor profile.
- For a little extra heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the glaze. This will add a subtle spicy kick to the dish and help to balance out the sweetness of the glaze.
- For a vegan or dairy-free option, you can substitute the butter in this recipe with coconut oil or vegan butter.
- Add a little extra crunch to the dish and sprinkle chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans, over the glazed carrots before serving.
- Substitute the cinnamon in this recipe with other warm spices, such as nutmeg, cloves, or allspice.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Let the carrots cool down to room temperature before transferring them to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
Freezing: To freeze glazed carrots, let them cool down to room temperature and transfer them to a freezer-safe container or plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible from the container or bag and seal it tightly. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, let the glazed carrots thaw in the refrigerator overnight, and then reheat them in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Yes, you can use regular carrots instead of baby carrots, but make sure to cut them into small, evenly-sized pieces to ensure even cooking.
Yes, you can use a different type of sweetener in the glaze, such as maple syrup or agave nectar. Just keep in mind that different sweeteners may affect the flavor and texture of the dish.
Yes, you can add other vegetables to this recipe, such as sweet potatoes or parsnips. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure that all the vegetables are cooked through.
More Crock Pot Vegetable Side Dishes
- Crock Pot Corn On The Cob
- Easy Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes
- Crock Pot Creamed Corn
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- Easy Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes
SHARE IT & RATE IT
Crock Pot Glazed Carrots
- Place the baby carrots in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Add salt, cinnamon, garlic, brown sugar, honey, and melted butter to a medium bowl. Mix until well combined and pour over carrots.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours. Try to stir 1-2 times during the cooking process.
- Mix well before serving, and enjoy!
*All nutrition information provided is automatically calculated and is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact numbers on your ingredients, I would recommend calculating them with your prefered nutrition calculator.