This recipe for Crock Pot Ham and Cheese Sliders is so simple to follow, and the results are delicious! Make this easy appetizer with the help of your slow cooker to serve for any occasion, from game day parties to potlucks and more!
When it comes to entertaining, I always like to have a few Crock Pot recipes up my sleeve that I can make ahead of time. These Crock Pot Ham and Cheese Sliders are one of my go-to recipes because they are so easy to throw together and always disappear quickly!
This crock pot appetizer couldn't be easier to make! Simply add slider rolls at the bottom of the crock pot. Layer the ham and cheese on top, followed by the top of the slider rolls.
You'll make a quick buttery glaze that's flavored with honey, mustard, Worcestershire, and simple spices. Brush on top and let them slowly warm up for a bite-sized sandwich that will have everyone coming back for more!
They are always a hit at parties and potlucks and can also be enjoyed as an easy lunch or dinner!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This recipe is slowly cooked and warmed in just a few hours.
- The prep is super simple, just layer the ingredients, brush with sauce and let them warm through.
- You can customize this recipe using your favorite deli meats and cheeses.
- These sliders are always a big hit with kids and adults alike!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Hawaiian Slider Rolls - These sweet rolls are made in bite-sized portions all in one piece, making it easy to break them apart into appetizers.
- Deli Ham - Adds protein to the dish and a smoky ham flavor that pairs well with the glaze and bread.
- Swiss Cheese - This tangy cheese balances out the salty, smoky flavors of the ham and melts perfectly into the slider rolls.
For the butter glaze:
- Unsalted Butter - Gives the glaze a rich buttery flavor and helps bind all of the ingredients together.
- Dijon Mustard - Adds a tangy layer of mustard flavor that pairs well with any deli sandwich.
- Honey - Gives the glaze a contrasting sweetness.
- Worcestershire Sauce - Adds a salty, bold flavor contrast to the glaze.
- Dried Seasonings - A mix of dried parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper help enhance the flavor of the glaze.
How To Make Ham and Cheese Sliders In The Crock Pot
Prepare the slider rolls: Using a sharp, serrated knife, cut the rolls in half lengthwise, taking care not to break them apart. You should have two pieces, a top, and a bottom. Remove the top half carefully and set it aside.
Layer the ingredients: Carefully add the bottom half to the bottom of the slow cooker. Layer half of the ham on the bread followed by the cheese and the rest of the ham. Then, carefully place the top half of the rolls on top of the meat and cheese.
Assemble the butter sauce: Melt the butter in the microwave in a small bowl. Whisk in the dijon mustard, honey, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix until well combined. Brush the tops of the sliders with the melted butter mixture, applying liberally with a basting brush.
Warm through: Cover the crock pot with the lid and let them warm up on HIGH for 1.5-2 hours or until the cheese is melted and the ham is hot.
Slice and serve: Cut the sliders into small sandwiches using a sharp knife and serve while hot. Enjoy!
- The best way to cut the slider rolls without breaking them apart is to use a serrated knife and make sure it's sharp. This will help you get clean cuts without smashing the rolls.
- To prevent the cheese from sticking to the knife when slicing, run the knife under hot water for a few seconds before cutting.
- If you're short on time, you can also cook these sliders in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- If you want to make these ahead of time, you can assemble the sliders and store them in the fridge for up to 12 hours before cooking. Let them come to room temperature before slow cooking.
- Change up the bread: You can use any type of slider roll or even mini hamburger buns for this recipe.
- Try different cheeses: Sliced cheddar, provolone, and American cheese are all great options.
- Make it vegetarian: Omit the ham and add in your favorite veggies like mushrooms, onions, or peppers.
- Add some spice: Add a pinch of sriracha, cayenne or red pepper flakes to the glaze for a little heat.
- Try a different sauce: If you're not a fan of mustard, you can use BBQ sauce, honey mustard, or even ranch dressing in its place.
- Use different meat: This recipe also works well with sliced turkey, pulled pork, shredded chicken, or even roast beef.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Any cooled leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to five days.
Freezing: These sliders can also be frozen for up to three months. Layer the assembled, unbaked sliders between sheets of wax paper in a freezer-safe container. When you're ready to eat, thaw overnight in the fridge and then cook according to the recipe instructions.
Reheating: To reheat, place the desired number of frozen sliders on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. You can also reheat individually frozen sliders in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Yes, once the sliders are cooked through, you can keep them on the warm setting in your crock pot until you're ready to serve.
Some of our favorites include cheddar, Swiss, and provolone cheese. However, any cheese you enjoy will work with this recipe.
The best way to cut the slider rolls without breaking them apart is to use a serrated knife and make sure it's sharp. This will help you get clean cuts without smashing the rolls.
Share It & Rate It
Crock Pot Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian Rolls (kept together and not broken apart)
- ½ lbs deli ham (thinly sliced)
- 20 slices Swiss cheese (2 - 10 slice packs of cheese)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Slice all the rolls in half simultaneously (do not break them apart). Carefully remove the top half and set it aside.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in the slow cooker—layer half of the ham on the bottom half of the rolls.
- Layer the cheese on top of the ham and layer the cheese with the remaining ham. Place the top layer of rolls on top of the ham.
- In a small bowl, add the butter and melt in the microwave. Then, add dijon mustard, honey, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Brush the tops of the sliders with the melted butter mixture, applying liberally with a basting brush.
- Cover and cook on High for 1½-2 hours.
- Serve while hot, and cut the sliders apart. Enjoy!