If you’re looking for the perfect game day appetizer, try making Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Cream Cheese. These delicious little sliders are packed with flavor from buffalo sauce and creamy cheese, making them a great option for any gathering!
Tis the season for watching football, enjoying friends and family, and most importantly…eating! If you need a great game-day finger food to serve at your party, these buffalo chicken sliders are a must!
Buffalo chicken is synonymous with game day, and these sliders are a great way to get your party going. You'll need simple ingredients like chicken breast, buffalo sauce, ranch, and cream cheese. The combination of these flavors and textures adds a delicious twist to classic buffalo chicken wings.
And it couldn't be easier to make with the help of your slow cooker! Layer the chicken breast with all of the ingredients, and let it slowly cook until the chicken is tender and the sauce is creamy. Shred the chicken and add it to slider rolls for game day appetizer that's sure to be a hit!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This easy finger food is great to serve on game day, as the sandwiches are bite-sized and ready to go!
- Mixing buffalo sauce with cream cheese helps balance the spicy flavor of the buffalo sauce with a hint of creaminess.
- This recipe is incredibly easy to make, and most of the work is done in the slow cooker.
- You can serve them as an appetizer or add the chicken to full-sized buns as a main course for a weeknight meal.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken Breast - Boneless skinless chicken breast adds a hearty amount of protein that is filling and satisfying and sticks to the sauce well.
- Buffalo Sauce & Butter - This classic combination makes a rich buttery buffalo sauce with the perfect amount of tanginess and heat.
- Dried Seasonings - You'll need ground black pepper, onion powder, and a packet of ranch seasoning mix to give the chicken even more depth of flavor.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese - Adds a sharp cheddar bite to the chicken that compliments the rest of the flavors.
- Cream Cheese - This helps cool down the heat of the buffalo sauce and adds a delicious creaminess to every bite.
- Ranch Dressing - Serve the sliders with a spread or drizzle of ranch dressing to get that classic buffalo flavor with a creamy twist.
- Slider Rolls - These are great for serving as an appetizer, but you can also use regular-sized buns or hamburger rolls if you prefer.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders In The Crock Pot
Prepare the chicken breast: Trim off any visible fat from the chicken, and then pat it dry with a paper towel on both sides. Add the chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Assemble the buffalo sauce: Add buffalo sauce, butter, black pepper, onion powder, and ranch seasoning in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until well combined and pour over the chicken.
Top with cheese: On top of the sauced chicken, evenly distribute the cheddar cheese over the top, followed by the cubed cream cheese.
Slowly cook: Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on HIGH for 3½ hours or on LOW for 6-7 hours.
Shred and mix: Remove the chicken and shred it with two forks. Add it back into the slow cooker and mix until well combined with the creamy sauce.
Assemble and serve: Portion the buffalo chicken onto slider rolls, then drizzle with ranch dressing. Enjoy!
- The safe internal temperature of chicken breast is 165°F, so make sure to check the temperature of your chicken with a food thermometer before digging in.
- You can shred the chicken with two forks or use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment to make the job easier.
- Take a shortcut and use chicken pulled off of a rotisserie chicken, or use canned chicken breast that is fully drained.
- Ensure the cheese is placed on top and not mixed in before cooking, as it can become rubbery and will not mix well.
Variations & Substitutions
- If you’re looking for an extra spicy kick, increase the amount of buffalo sauce or add dried red pepper flakes to the sauce.
- For a lighter version of this recipe, you can use Greek yogurt or light cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese.
- Use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for extra flavor and juiciness.
- Swap out the butter for olive oil or melted refined coconut oil.
- If you don’t have ranch seasoning mix, you can use Italian seasoning or a combination of garlic powder and paprika.
- Serving suggestions: Instead of serving this chicken on buns, try serving it over a bed of lettuce with tomatoes and avocado or add it to a wrap.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Once the chicken is cooled, transfer it to an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freezing: Place cooled chicken into a freezer-safe bag or container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating in the microwave or oven.
Reheating: The best way to heat shredded buffalo chicken is in a skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Add a bit of oil or butter to prevent sticking.
No, you don’t need to cook the chicken before adding it to the slow cooker. As long as it's cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F, it is safe to consume.
Yes! Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese, such as Monterey Jack, Colby Jack, and Pepper Jack.
These sliders pair perfectly with crunchy celery and carrot sticks, ranch dressing or blue cheese dip, chips, and cool refreshing drinks like beer or soda.
More Crock Pot Game Day Appetizers
- Crock Pot Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- Best Crock Pot Pizza Dip
- BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Crock Pot Little Smokies
- Crock Pot Rotel Dip
- Crock Pot Ham and Cheese Sliders
SHARE IT & RATE IT
I would love it if you would leave a 5 Star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Then follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Share your favorite recipes or ask questions in my Facebook Group.
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Cream Cheese
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce
- 3 tbsp butter (melted)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 oz ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 oz cream cheese (cut into cubes)
- ½ cup ranch dressing (for serving)
- 12 slider buns
- Add chicken to your slow cooker.
- Add buffalo sauce, butter, black pepper, onion powder, ranch seasoning in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until well combined and pour over chicken.
- Evenly place the cheddar cheese over the cream cheese over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 3½ hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred it with two forks. Add it back into the slow cooker and mix until well combined.
- Serve on slider buns and drizzle ranch over the top. Enjoy!
*All nutrition information provided is automatically calculated and is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact numbers on your ingredients, I would recommend calculating them with your prefered nutrition calculator.
Leave a Reply