This crowd-pleasing Crock Pot Ranch Chicken combines creamy ranch flavor with juicy chicken breasts with rice or mashed potatoes, creating a flavorful and comforting one-pot dish. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner that’s easy to make and full of protein!
There are a million and one ways to make chicken breast, but we think that ranch chicken deserves to be on the top of your slow cooker chicken recipes list!
Ranch chicken is a dish that was made popular in the 1950s, and it’s still hugely popular today. It's creamy, savory, and packed with flavor! And best of all, it can be made in your slow cooker, so you don't have to stand at the stove.
This easy chicken recipe features chicken breasts that get slowly cooked along with a creamy ranch sauce that includes cream of chicken soup, ranch seasoning, butter, and lots of cheese!
The crock pot allows the chicken to soak up all the delicious flavors of the ranch sauce, making it incredibly flavorful and juicy. Serve this slow cooker chicken over cooked white rice and top with extra cheese for an easy dinner that everyone will love!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a one-pot dish that requires minimal effort.
- You can prepare it ahead of time, so all you have to do is turn on the slow cooker right before work.
- It’s packed with protein and makes for a comforting meal.
- The creamy ranch flavor adds an extra dimension of deliciousness!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken Breast - When cooked in the slow cooker, this delicious meat gets juicy and tender, allowing it to soak up all of the creamy ranch flavors.
- Cream of Chicken Soup - Adds a creamy base to the sauce that's packed with even more chicken flavor.
- Ranch Dressing Seasoning - This mix of flavors is bold and savory and gives a delicious flavor to the chicken.
- Worcestershire sauce - Adds a salty umami flavor to the chicken that helps enhance all of the flavors.
- Cheese - A mix of shredded cheddar cheese and cream cheese gives this chicken an additional creamy texture along with a melty cheese flavor.
- Butter - Used to tenderize the chicken and add buttery flavor to the creamy sauce.
- Long Grain Rice - This dish pairs well with a size of cooked long grain rice to add a comforting carb to make it a complete meal.
How To Make Creamy Ranch Chicken In The Crock Pot
Prepare the chicken breast: Trim any excess fat off of the chicken breast, then pat the chicken dry with paper towels on both sides. Add them to the bottom of the crock pot.
Assemble the creamy sauce: In a medium bowl, add cream of chicken, ranch seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk until well combined and pour over the chicken breast.
Add cheese and butter: To the top of the chicken breast, add the cheddar cheese, butter, and cream cheese.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the top and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or LOW for 5-6 hours. Top the chicken with mozzarella cheese for fifteen minutes before cook time is done.
Whisk and serve: Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and set aside. Whisk the sauce together until the ingredients are fully combined. Place the chicken on top of the rice, then pour the sauce over top while hot. Enjoy!
- For tender, juicy chicken, be sure to trim any extra fat off and pat the chicken dry before adding it to the slow cooker.
- If you want your ranch sauce to be thick and creamy, use full-fat cream of chicken soup instead of low-fat or fat-free.
- Be sure not to overcook your chicken; slow cookers can turn tough, dry chicken if cooked too long. The safe internal temperature for chicken breast is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If the sauce is too thin, you can thicken it up with a cornstarch slurry.
- For an extra kick, add some hot sauce to the slow cooker before cooking.
- If you don't have ranch seasoning on hand, use a blend of dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning.
- For a bit of extra crunch, add some fried onions or crumbled bacon to the slow cooker before serving.
- Instead of chicken breasts, use boneless, skinless chicken thighs for an even juicier slow cooker meal.
- Serving suggestions: This creamy chicken can also be served over cooked pasta or mashed potatoes.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Cooled leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Freezing: To freeze, separate into individual portions and store in freezer-safe bags or containers for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Reheating: The best way to reheat ranch chicken is in the slow cooker on LOW heat. Alternatively, you can reheat it in a 350-degree Fahrenheit preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or in the microwave at 30-second intervals until heated through.
Yes, slow cooker recipes always require some kind of liquid in order for the slow cooker to cook the food properly.
You can, however, the chicken will release excess water, which will dilute the flavor of your sauce. Best to thaw before slow cooking.
Yes, you can use ricotta cheese instead of cream cheese in this recipe. Just be sure to mix it into the slow cooker until fully incorporated before cooking.
More Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
- 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken & Gravy
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken
Share It & Rate It
I would love it if you would leave a 5 Star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Then follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Crock Pot Ranch Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 oz ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp butter (divided)
- 4 oz cream cheese (divided into 8 cubes)
- A chicken breasts to the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, add cream of mushroom soup, ranch seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk until well combined and pour over chicken.
- Top chicken with cheese, butter and cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 5-6 hours. Top the chicken with mozzarella cheese for fifteen minutes before cook time is done.
- Remove chicken and whisk sauce until well combined.
- Serve chicken over rice and pour sauce over the top.
*All nutrition information provided is automatically calculated and is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact numbers on your ingredients, I would recommend calculating them with your prefered nutrition calculator.
Leave a Reply