With just tender chicken cooked in a creamy and flavorful sauce, you'll love this Crock Pot No Peek Chicken! This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you don't have a lot of time but need to make a full meal that is both satisfying and delicious!
If you're looking for a simple crock pot chicken recipe that's packed with flavor and requires minimal effort, then you're in luck! No Peek Chicken is a classic dish that gets its name from the fact that you're not supposed to peek at it while it cooks. This creates a delicious and tender chicken that's infused with the flavors of creamy sauce and aromatic spices.
The combination of cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, and chicken stock creates a creamy and savory sauce that coats the chicken and rice. The minced garlic and black pepper add depth of flavor, while the Lipton onion soup mix provides a subtle hint of umami and complexity. When all these ingredients come together, they create a well-rounded and satisfying meal that's perfect for any night of the week!
The crock pot is the best method for making this easy dinner because it allows the flavors to marry together slowly over a long period of time, resulting in a dish that's packed with flavor along with the tender, juicy chicken.
The chicken and rice cook together in the same pot, making it a convenient and efficient way to prepare dinner. And the best part? You can set it and forget it! Your dinner will be ready and waiting for you when you come home from a long day at work or after a busy weekend.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This easy crock pot chicken recipe is incredibly easy to make, with just a few simple ingredients that you can throw together to let cook all day.
- The combination of cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups creates a rich and savory sauce that coats the chicken and rice, making every bite incredibly satisfying and delicious.
- This recipe is the ultimate comfort food – warm, filling, and perfect for a cozy night in. And with the added bonus of being a one-pot meal, it's also super convenient and perfect for busy weeknights when you don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- White Jasmine Rice - Serves as the base of the recipe, providing a fluffy and tender texture to the dish.
- Creamy Canned Soup - Both Cream of Chicken and Cream of Mushroom creates a rich and velvety sauce that adds depth of flavor.
- Chicken Stock - Adds an extra layer of savory flavor and moisture to the dish.
- Minced Garlic - Provides a pungent and aromatic flavor that balances out the creaminess of the sauce.
- Black Pepper - Adds a bit of heat and complexity, making it more flavorful.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - The protein of the recipe that cooks together with the rice and sauce making the chicken tender and juicy.
- Lipton® Onion Soup Mix - Adds a unique and subtle flavor to the dish with a hint of sweetness and depth.
- Fresh Parsley - Used as a garnish, adding a touch of color and freshness to the finished dish.
How To Make No Peek Chicken In The Crock Pot
Prepare the chicken breast: Trim any excess fat off of the chicken breast. Pat dry on both sides with paper towels.
Assemble the ingredients: To the bottom of the crock pot, add the rice, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, chicken stock, garlic, and black pepper to a crock pot. Mix until well combined.
Add chicken and seasonings: Place chicken breasts on top of the rice mixture. Pour onion soup mix and parsley over the top.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the top and cook on HIGH for 3½ hours or LOW for 5-6 hours. No peeking or it will take longer to cook! Serve while hot, and enjoy!
- Mix the rice, canned soups, chicken stock, garlic, and black pepper together before adding the chicken breasts. This will ensure that all the ingredients are evenly distributed and the rice cooks properly.
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe as they cook evenly and are easy to shred once cooked if desired.
- Resist the urge to peek at the chicken while it's cooking in the crock pot, as doing so can cause the steam to escape and increase the cooking time!
- If you want to add some extra flavor and texture to the dish, try adding some chopped vegetables like carrots, celery, or bell peppers to the crock pot along with the other ingredients.
- Use pre-cooked rice instead of cooking it from scratch. Just add it to the crock pot during the last hour of cooking to heat it through.
- To add some extra heat to the dish, try adding a pinch of red pepper flakes or a diced jalapeño pepper to the crock pot along with the other ingredients.
- If you're not a fan of chicken breasts, use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead. They will add some extra richness and flavor to the dish from the additional fat content.
- 4. To make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten-free cream of chicken soup and onion soup mix. Check for any other ingredients for gluten.
- For a vegetarian version of this recipe. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and use canned chickpeas or white beans along with diced vegetables like mushrooms, zucchini, or eggplant in the crock pot.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Leftover cooled chicken can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Freezing: To freeze, allow the dish to cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container or resealable freezer bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. To reheat, simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then microwave or heat on the stovetop until warmed through.
Yes, it is safe to put raw chicken in a crock pot as long as it is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure it is fully cooked and safe to eat. Follow the cooking time and temperature instructions for your specific recipe.
To avoid tough chicken, cook it on the correct temperature setting for the recommended amount of time, season it well with salt and other spices, and use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, which are more tender than other cuts.
Yes, the chicken should be covered in liquid in a crockpot to ensure that it cooks evenly and stays moist. However, you don't need to completely submerge the chicken in liquid – just make sure that there is enough liquid to cover the bottom of the crockpot and come up about halfway on the chicken. This will create a steamy environment that will cook the chicken to perfection.
More Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
- Crock Pot Marry Me Chicken
- Easy Crock Pot Sesame Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders
- BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
SHARE IT & RATE IT
I would love it if you would leave a 5 Star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Then follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Share your favorite recipes or ask questions in my Facebook Group.
Crock Pot No Peek Chicken
- 2 cups white Jasmine rice
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom
- 1¼ cups chicken stock
- 3 tsp garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 oz) Lipton® onion soup mix
- 2 tbsp parsley (fresh chopped)
- Add rice, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, chicken stock, garlic, and black pepper to a crock pot. Mix until well combined.
- Place chicken breasts on top of the rice mixture. Pour onion soup mix and parsley over the top.
- Cover and cook on high for 3½ hours or low for 5-6 hours. No peeking or it will take longer to cook.
- Serve while hot, and enjoy!
*All nutrition information provided is automatically calculated and is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact numbers on your ingredients, I would recommend calculating them with your prefered nutrition calculator.
Leave a Reply