Enjoy a full meal made right in your slow cooker! This easy recipe for Crockpot Chicken Potatoes and Green Beans is a great way to get a healthy, hearty, satisfying dinner on the table with little effort!
Getting a full meal on the table can be a tall order! With life being busy and hectic, it can be difficult to find the time or energy to cook a complete dinner. With this slow cooker chicken, potatoes, and green beans recipe, you get all of the flavors of a home-cooked meal without having to spend hours in the kitchen!
This one-pot meal is perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have time to stand at the stove stirring and flipping. All you need is a slow cooker and a few simple ingredients, and dinner will be ready when you walk in the door!
This slow cooker chicken dinner recipe features chicken breasts, potatoes, and green beans slow-cooked in a delicious broth seasoned with herbs and spices. The chicken is tender and juicy, the potatoes are fork-tender, and the green beans add a nice crunch that rounds out the meal.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It's a full meal! This recipe contains protein, starch, and nutrient-dense vegetables.
- A one-pot meal. You won't be spending time cleaning many dishes as the entire dinner is made in the crock pot.
- Adjust to your tastes. You can add different flavors and seasonings to make it your own.
- Great for a busy day. Set it and forget it!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken Breast - Boneless skinless chicken breast is a great way to add protein to your meals, along with potatoes and green beans.
- Fresh Green Beans - Gives this dinner a pop of fresh garden taste along with nutrients and fiber.
- Petite Red Potatoes - Adds a hearty starch to the dish and holds up well in the slow cooker.
- Olive Oil - Helps the marinade mix together properly and coats the chicken, green beans, and potatoes.
- Lemon Juice - Gives the ingredients a bright citrus flavor that adds a level of comfort.
- Minced Garlic - Adds bold garlic flavor to the dish that pairs well with chicken and potatoes.
- Dried Seasonings - A blend of salt, ground black pepper, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika work together to enhance the natural flavors of all the ingredients in the dish.
How To Make Chicken Potatoes and Green Beans In The Crock Pot
Prepare the chicken: Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and remove any excess fat. Place the chicken breasts in the middle of the slow cooker.
Assemble vegetables: Trim the green beans and cut the potatoes. Arrange them on the sides of the chicken in an even layer.
Whisk the marinade: To a small mixing bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and seasonings. Pour it on top of the chicken and vegetables.
Cover and cook: Place the lid on top of the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-7 hours. Plate and enjoy!
- Trim the green beans to ensure they don't have any woody ends that make the dish taste bitter.
- Cut the potatoes into similar sizes so they cook evenly.
- For extra flavor, try adding some diced onion around the slow cooker.
- To ensure that all of your ingredients are cooked through, use a thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees F before serving.
- If you enjoy your green beans with more of a crunch, add them in the last hour of cooking on top of the chicken and potatoes.
- Use different meat: Instead of chicken breast, you can also use chicken thighs or boneless pork chops.
- Change up the vegetables: You can substitute other vegetables in this slow cooker meal, such as carrots, squash, bell peppers, mushrooms, or broccoli.
- Seasoning ideas: Feel free to add different herbs and spices, such as Italian seasoning, oregano, cajun seasoning, or taco seasoning. You can also use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs.
- Swap the citrus: Instead of lemon juice, feel free to add orange or lime juice.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Any leftovers can be transferred to an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 4-5 days.
Freezing: The slow cooker chicken and vegetables can also be frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Reheat in the slow cooker on LOW heat until warmed through. Keep in mind that the potatoes and green beans may be softer when thawed.
While you can use any potato, petite red potatoes are best for the slow cooker because they have a more sturdy structure that holds up well to slow cooking.
Yes, you can substitute fresh green beans for frozen ones. Add them on top in the last hour of cooking until they are warmed through to avoid them becoming mushy.
Yes, you can definitely use boneless skinless chicken thighs for this slow cooker recipe. Just ensure they are fully cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F before serving.
More Comfort Food Chicken Recipes
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
- Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing
- Crock Pot Ranch Chicken
SHARE IT & RATE IT
Crockpot Chicken Potatoes and Green Beans
- Add chicken to the center of the Crockpot. Then, place the green beans and potatoes on each side of the chicken.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, salt, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika to a medium bowl. Whisk until well combined. Then, pour over the chicken, green beans, and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
*Nutrition information is an estimate. It may vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact ingredient numbers, I recommend calculating them with your preferred nutrition calculator.