These Crock Pot Ranch Potatoes are the perfect side for any meal! Tender, creamy potatoes are slow-cooked with zesty ranch flavor and salty parmesan that is easy to assemble and cook with the help of your slow cooker.
There's nothing like a slow-cooked side dish to help you save time on a busy weeknight or for when you want to focus on other things! These ranch-flavored potatoes are so simple to make and only require a few ingredients you likely already have on hand.
Tender baby potatoes are tossed with ranch seasoning, dried herbs, and salty parmesan cheese. Add them to your slow cooker and let them cook until tender. The result is a flavorful, creamy potato side dish that pairs well with any main course.
You can easily adapt this recipe to your liking by adding other seasonings or herbs that you love. Give these slow cooker ranch potatoes a try the next time you need an easy and delicious side dish!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This hearty side dish is packed with flavor from dried herbs, cheese, and zesty ranch.
- No need to boil or babysit the potatoes; the slow cooker does all the work for you!
- These potatoes are versatile and pair well with many different main dishes.
- This recipe is easily adaptable to your liking, so feel free to experiment with different herbs and seasonings.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Petite Red Potatoes - These baby potatoes are the perfect fit for the slow cooker as they are sturdy and hold on to flavor well.
- Olive Oil - Coats the potatoes, ensuring the seasonings stick and are evenly distributed.
- Dried Ranch Seasoning - Adds a bold and zesty ranch flavor throughout this easy side dish.
- Minced Garlic - Gives these potatoes a punch of fresh garlic flavor.
- Salt and Pepper - Enhances the natural flavors in the dish.
- Dried Parsley & Thyme - Gives the potatoes a layer of herb flavor that pairs well with the ranch.
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese - Adds a salty and cheesy flavor and helps with the dish's texture.
How To Make Ranch Potatoes In The Crock Pot
Prepare the vegetables: Wash the potatoes, then cut them into halves. If you have larger potatoes, make sure to quarter them. Mince the garlic cloves.
Assemble the dish: Add the potatoes to the slow cooker, then add the dried seasonings, oil, and garlic. Toss to fully coat.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the slow cooker, then cook on LOW for 4-5 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours.
Crisp the potatoes: Before the last 30 minutes of cooking, crack open the lid slightly to let the potatoes get crispy on top. Serve hot, and enjoy!
- When cutting the potatoes, ensure they are all roughly the same size. This will ensure they cook evenly.
- If you want extra crispy potatoes, add them to a casserole dish and put them under the broiler for a few minutes before serving.
- The time it takes to cook the potatoes will depend on their size. Cut them smaller for quicker cooking time.
- Make sure the potatoes are fully coated with the oil and seasonings, as this will help them absorb all the flavors and keep them from burning.
- Add a bit of heat with some red pepper flakes.
- Make it cheesy by adding cheddar cheese to the mix.
- Omit the ranch seasoning and add Italian seasoning for a flavorful twist.
- Add chopped bacon to the top for a crunchy texture and smoky flavor.
- Use other types of dry seasonings, including garlic powder, onion powder, or smoked paprika.
- Add some chopped green onions to the top for a fresh and zesty flavor.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Cooled potatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
Freezing: Freeze cooked potatoes in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to six months. When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge overnight, then reheat on the stove.
While you can use any type of potato, waxy varieties like red potatoes or Yukon golds hold up well in the slow cooker and don't turn to mush as easily.
No, there's no need to peel the potatoes for this recipe. Simply give them a good wash and cut them into halves or quarters.
Yes, this recipe can easily be doubled. Simply use a larger slow cooker and increase the cooking time by an hour or two.
If you don't have ranch seasoning on hand, you can make your own by mixing together dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
More Slow Cooker Potato Recipes
- Crock Pot Hamburger Potato Casserole
- Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup
- Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Easy, NO Foil Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Ranch Potatoes (With Bacon)
- Easy, Cheesy Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes
Share It & Rate It
Crock Pot Ranch Potatoes
- 2 lbs petite red potatoes (washed and cut in half)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (1 oz) packet of ranch seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese (finely shredded)
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Toss to coat potatoes in seasonings thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Leave the lid open slightly for the last 30 minutes to crisp up the potatoes.
- Serve while hot and enjoy!
*All nutrition information provided is automatically calculated and is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact numbers on your ingredients, I would recommend calculating them with your prefered nutrition calculator.