Crockpot Roasted Potatoes make for an easy slow cooker side dish, requiring minimal effort for maximum flavor. Enjoy the convenience of tender, perfectly seasoned golden baby potatoes that complement any meal with ease.
Roasted potatoes are one of those timeless classics that never seem to go out of style. They're golden, crispy on the outside, and perfectly fluffy on the inside. Crockpot Roasted potatoes complement everything from a juicy steak to a fresh garden salad, making them a staple side dish for any meal. And they can easily be made using your slow cooker!
Making crockpot roasted potatoes allows you to achieve that deeply roasted flavor without constantly checking or the fear of overcooking. This recipe uses golden petite potatoes, which are naturally creamy and delicious. Just toss in the potatoes with a simple seasoning blend, set the timer, and let the slow cooker handle all the work!
Whether you choose to drizzle them with garlic-infused butter, sprinkle a little fresh parsley or rosemary on top, or simply enjoy them as they are, these tasty potatoes are easy to make and pair well with BBQ Chicken Legs, Steak Bites, Ranch Pork Chops, Slow Cooker Roast or any type of protein you enjoy.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- With minimal hands-on time, this recipe lets the slow cooker do most of the work, making it perfect for busy days.
- These slow cooker roasted potatoes pair beautifully with a wide range of dishes, from grilled meats to vegetarian entrées.
- The blend of herbs and spices ensures each bite is packed with delicious, well-rounded flavors.
- Whether for family dinners or gatherings, this side dish is a classic favorite that everyone will enjoy!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Petite Gold Potatoes - These small, creamy potatoes are the dish's star, providing a tender, buttery texture once cooked in the slow cooker.
- Olive Oil - A healthy fat that helps to roast the potatoes to perfection, adding a rich, savory taste while ensuring they don't stick together.
- Salt - Enhances the natural flavor of the potatoes and balances the other spices in the mix.
- Black Pepper - This aromatic spice adds a gentle heat, bringing depth and a touch of spiciness to the dish.
- Paprika - Lends a sweet and smoky undertone, adding warmth and complexity to the potatoes.
- Dried Oregano - An aromatic herb that introduces a hint of earthiness and Mediterranean flair to the dish.
- Onion Powder - This concentrated seasoning imparts a mild onion flavor, adding depth and savoriness to the potatoes without overpowering them.
- Dried Thyme - Complements the other spices and gives the dish a gentle herbaceous aroma.
How To Make Crockpot Roasted Potatoes
Prepare the potatoes: Wash the potatoes under cold water to remove any dirt. Quarter them with a sharp knife and add them to the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
Season the potatoes: Sprinkle olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, onion powder and thyme over the top. Mix until the coating covers all the potatoes.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the top and cook on HIGH for 2½-3½ hours or LOW for 4½-6½ hours or until the potatoes are fork tender. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
- Using petite gold potatoes ensures even cooking; if you opt for larger ones, make sure to cut them into uniform pieces for consistent results.
- Distributing the potatoes evenly in the slow cooker prevents them from stacking and ensures they cook uniformly without any raw patches.
- Every once in a while, give the potatoes a gentle stir. This helps in even seasoning and prevents them from sticking to the bottom.
- Keep an eye on the potatoes during the final stretch of cooking to ensure they remain fork-tender and don't turn too mushy.
- You can also garnish with freshly chopped chives, green onions, fresh herbs, or parmesan cheese for an extra burst of freshness before serving.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes to the mix.
- Infuse a richer depth of flavor by adding 1-2 teaspoons of minced garlic or garlic powder to the seasoning mix.
- Substitute dried thyme with dried rosemary or add a sprig of fresh rosemary to the slow cooker for a fragrant and earthy note.
- About 10 minutes before the potatoes are done, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese on top, allowing it to melt and coat the potatoes.
- Replace petite gold potatoes with sweet potatoes, russet potatoes, or red potatoes adjusting the cooking time as needed for a sweet and savory twist.
- Feel free to experiment by adding dried herbs you have on hand, like basil or dill, to create your signature flavor blend.
- Drizzle the finished potatoes with a touch of balsamic reduction or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to add a subtle tangy kick before serving.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Once the roasted crockpot potatoes have cooled to room temperature, transfer them to an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Freezing: To freeze the cooked potatoes, lay them out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place the sheet in the freezer until the potatoes are frozen solid, then transfer them to labeled and dated freezer bags or containers for up to 2-3 months, reheating them directly from frozen in an oven until they're hot and roasted.
While petite gold potatoes offer a specific creamy texture and flavor, you can use red, russet, or fingerling potatoes. Just ensure they're cut into even-sized pieces to guarantee uniform cooking.
The size of your slow cooker can affect the cooking time. If you have a smaller one, you might need to cook in batches, and if it's larger, keep an eye on the potatoes as they may cook a bit faster due to being spread out more.
If your slow cooker has a hotspot or tends to run very hot, line the bottom with a layer of parchment paper or occasionally stir the potatoes during cooking to ensure even heating and prevent any from sticking or burning.
You can toss in veggies like carrots, bell peppers, or onions. Just be mindful of the varying cooking times of different vegetables; some may need to be added later in the process to avoid overcooking.
More Slow Cooker Recipes With Potatoes
- Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup
- Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes
- Crock Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Crock Pot Sausage, Potatoes, and Green Beans
SHARE IT & RATE IT
If you loved these roasted crockpot potatoes. Please leave it a 5 Star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Then follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Share your favorite recipes or ask questions in my Facebook Group.
Crockpot Roasted Potatoes
- Add potatoes to the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, onion powder and thyme over the top. Mix until all the potatoes are coated.
- Cover and cook on high 2½-3½ hours or low for 4½-6½ hours. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
*Nutrition information is an estimate. It may vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact ingredient numbers, I recommend calculating them with your preferred nutrition calculator.