This Crock Pot White Queso Dip is the perfect appetizer for any party or game day! You only need a few simple ingredients like cubed white cheese and pepper jack cheese, you'll have this creamy dip ready in no time. Serve with your favorite chips and crackers, and enjoy!
When game day season approaches, the slow cooker is on the counter all season! Making chili, wings, and of course, queso in the crock pot is a game day tradition. And this crock pot queso Blanco dip is one of our favorites!
Queso Blanco is a type of cheese made from cow's milk. It is a white, mild-flavored cheese that originated in Spain and Portugal. Queso Blanco is popular in Latin American cuisine and is often used as a dipping sauce or melted over foods.
This slow cooker cheese dip is a twist on the classic cheese that uses cubed white American cheese and pepper jack cheese to create its cheesy flavor. Add in milk for creaminess and some green chilis for a hit of spice, and you have a flavorful dip that pairs well with any dipping vehicle.
Simply add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and let it melt into deliciousness!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This appetizer uses simple ingredients you can find at any grocery store.
- It takes just minutes to assemble.
- Serve it right from the crock pot with your favorite chips, crackers, or veggies.
- Use any leftovers for quesadillas, nachos, or burritos throughout the week!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- White American Cheese - This unique cheese adds creaminess and body to the queso.
- Pepper Jack Cheese - We use pepper jack cheese in this queso Blanco recipe for a little heat.
- Diced Green Chilies - Gives this cheese dips specs of green color along with a touch of heat.
- Evaporated Milk - This creates a smooth and creamy texture to the dip that melts well with the cheese.
- Seasonings - A mix of ground cumin, salt, and pepper help enhance the flavor of this easy cheese dip.
How To Make White Queso Dip In The Crock Pot
Prepare the cheese: Cut your cheese into cubes if it's not cut already and add it to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Assemble ingredients: Drain the canned chilies and add them on top of the cheese along with the dried seasonings and evaporated milk.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the top of the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4 hours or HIGH for 2 hours. Once the cheese is melted, stir to combine.
Warm and serve: Once the cheese dip is fully mixed and melted, turn the crock pot to WARM. Garnish with cilantro and serve. Enjoy!
- This recipe uses a mini 2-3 quart slow cooker. You can find them online or in most stores near the crock pots. If you don't have a mini crock pot, you can use a larger one, but keep an eye on it so the cheese doesn't burn.
- If you can't find cubed cheese or full blocks of cheese, you can use sliced white American cheese and sliced pepper jack instead. Keep in mind that this may cook faster.
- For a crock pot queso that is extra smooth, you can use an immersion blender to blend it before serving.
- This recipe calls for evaporated milk, but you can also use whole milk or half and half if you prefer.
- For a thicker queso dip, use less milk. For thinner queso, use more.
- This crock pot queso Blanco is best enjoyed immediately.
- Turn up the heat by adding more diced green chilies or jalapeños to the recipe.
- Make it a crock pot queso fundido by adding in cooked crumbled sausage, ground beef, or shredded chicken.
- Stir in a can of black beans, corn, or diced tomatoes for extra flavor and texture.
- Add a tablespoon or two of your favorite hot sauce for an extra kick.
- Top with cilantro, diced avocado, or sour cream when serving.
- Use different types of cheese, including cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby for a different flavor.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: If you have leftovers, turn the crock pot off to cool slightly. Pour into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to one week.
Freezing: This crock pot queso blanco does not freeze well. The texture changes, and it can become grainy.
Reheating: To reheat, add the queso to the crock pot on LOW until melted and warm. You can also reheat on the stove over low heat, stirring often.
Serve this crock pot queso with chips, crackers, pretzels, or veggies. It's also delicious served over tacos, burritos, or nachos.
We love using a combination of white American cheese and pepper jack cheese in this recipe, but you can really use any type of cheese that you like. Just keep in mind that some cheeses will melt better than others.
Yes! Just melt the cheese over low heat, stirring often. Once melted, stir in the remaining ingredients and serve.
More Easy Crock Pot Appetizer Recipes
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Crock Pot Rotel Dip
- Slow Cooker Copycat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
- Crockpot Meatballs
Share It & Rate It
Crock Pot White Queso Dip (Mexican Cheese Dip)
- ½ lb white American cheese (cubed)
- ½ lb pepper jack cheese (cubed)
- 1 (4.5 oz) can diced green chilies (drained
- 4 oz cream cheese (cubed)
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a 2-3 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours. Once the cheese is melted, stir to combine.
- Turn the slow cooker to warm to serve.
- Garnish with fresh pico de gallo or cilantro, and enjoy!