This creamy and spicy Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect party snack for any event or game day! Serve with chips, crackers, or vegetables for a tasty slow cooker appetizer everyone will love.
Need a great appetizer to bring to an event, game day, or Super Bowl party? This slow cooker buffalo chicken dip is the perfect dish! It's easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
This dip is creamy, spicy, and full of flavor! Simply add chicken breast to a crockpot along with buffalo sauce, cheese, and ranch dressing. Let the chicken slowly cook and absorb the flavor before shredding. Mix it all up and you've got a delicious buffalo chicken dip that is perfect for serving with chips, crackers, or vegetables!
You can even use the leftovers for sandwiches, wraps, or enjoying as a main course with your favorite side dishes. No matter how you enjoy it, you'll definitely want to keep this easy crockpot appetizer recipe on hand!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This crock pot buffalo chicken dip is assembled in minutes with no cooking on the stovetop or the oven.
- A great party appetizer that can be served with a variety of chips, crackers, or vegetables.
- The creamy texture along with the spicy flavor is a great combination that will have everyone hooked.
- The leftovers can be used for sandwiches and wraps the next day.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken Breast - Boneless skinless chicken breast adds satisfying protein to the dip and soaks in the flavors well.
- Buffalo Sauce - Gives the chicken its classic tangy and spicy buffalo flavor.
- Melted Butter - Adds a rich buttery flavor to the sauce along with a velvety texture.
- Ground Black Pepper - Gives the dip a kick of black pepper flavor.
- Onion Powder - Adds a mild onion flavor to the dish that pairs well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese - Gives the dish a cheesy cheddar flavor when melted into the rest of the sauce.
- Cream Cheese - Adds a tangy and creamy texture to the dip, making it rich and thick.
- Ranch Dressing - Gives this dip a smooth and creamy ranch flavor that pairs well with buffalo sauce.
- Green Onions - Adds a mild onion flavor and fresh green color to the top when serving.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip In The Crock Pot
Prepare the chicken: Trim any excess fat off of the chicken breast and pat dry with a paper towel. Add it to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Assemble the sauce: To a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the melted butter, hot sauce, black pepper, and onion powder. Whisk until fully combined, then pour over the chicken breast.
Add the cheese and ranch: To the top of the chicken, add the cheddar cheese, cubed cream cheese, and ranch dressing in an even layer.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3½ hours or on LOW for 6-7 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
Shred the chicken: Remove the chicken breast from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Add it back to the crockpot and stir to combine.
Garnish and serve: Top with sliced green onions and serve hot with your favorite chips or crackers. Enjoy!
- The chicken is done cooking when the internal temperature is 165 degrees F. Use a kitchen thermometer for best results.
- Use a hand or stand mixer with a paddle attachment for easy chicken shredding.
- Add the cheese and ranch in a single even layer to ensure it doesn't sink to the bottom and burn.
- If you want a thinner dip, stir in some additional buffalo sauce or milk until desired consistency is reached. For a thicker dip, add in some more cream cheese.
Variations & Serving Suggestions
- Instead of raw chicken breast, use pre-cooked shredded chicken for a quicker cooking time.
- For more heat, use spicy buffalo sauce or add in some cayenne pepper to the sauce.
- To make this dish vegetarian, leave out the chicken, add some canned chickpeas, and double the amount of cheese used.
- Garnish with crumbled blue cheese, diced celery, and/or chopped parsley in addition to or in place of the green onions.
- Serve with potato chips, corn chips, pretzels, crostini, celery sticks, carrot sticks, or baguette slices.
- Leftovers can be enjoyed on a sandwich, inside a wrap, or on a bed of rice or quinoa.
Storing: This easy crockpot chicken dip is best served immediately. If you have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days once cooled.
Freezing: Freeze this crockpot buffalo chicken dip in a freezer-safe dish or bag for up to two months. Let thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
Reheating: Reheat individual portions of this crockpot chicken dip in the microwave until hot or warm it on the stove over low heat, stirring often. If reheating the entire dish, add it back to the crockpot on LOW until heated through.
The dip may appear runny after cooking, but it will thicken up as it cools. If you want a thicker dip, add in more cream cheese or an additional can of ranch dressing.
If you're sensitive to spice, I recommend regular buffalo sauce instead of hot sauce. You could also reduce the amount of black pepper used.
This crockpot buffalo chicken dip is also delicious with turkey or shrimp. If you want a vegetarian option, leave the meat and add some canned chickpeas.
More Crockpot Appetizer Recipes
- Crock Pot Rotel Dip
- Crock Pot Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- The Best Grape Jelly & Chili Sauce Crockpot Meatballs
- Crockpot Meatballs
Share It & Rate It
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Add chicken to your slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, melt the butter and add hot sauce, black pepper, and onion powder. Mix until well combined. Then, pour over the chicken.
- Evenly place the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and ranch over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 3½ hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred it with two forks. Add it back into the slow cooker and mix until well combined.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.