Slow Cooker Sticky Buns are the best easy breakfast or dessert! These buns are made with only 7 ingredients, including pecans and a sweet glaze, and cook perfectly in the crock pot!
Caramel pecan sticky buns are a cinnamon roll coated in a sticky, sweet glaze. They are typically made with butter, sugar, and pecans. These buns originated in the United States and are popular in the southern states and are often served as breakfast or dessert!
What sets these slow cooker sticky buns apart is the addition of a layer of gooey, sweet caramel. This sticky topping is made with heavy cream, butter, sugar, corn syrup, and pecans. The result is a super soft, fluffy bun that is coated in a rich, sticky glaze.
While traditionally baked in the oven, the slow cooker helps to cook the buns evenly and prevent them from drying out. Plus, who doesn't love waking up to the smell of fresh-baked sticky buns?
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- The entire recipe is made with just 7 simple ingredients you can find in any grocery store.
- No need to bake! Use pre-made biscuits and let the slow cooker do all the work.
- These slow cooker sticky buns are perfect for breakfast or dessert!
- Great when you want to feed a crowd or have guests staying over for brunch.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Biscuit Dough - I used Pillsbury Grands original, but you can use any type of biscuits you enjoy.
- Brown Sugar, Cinnamon & Corn Syrup - Gives the caramel its deep sweet flavor, sticky texture, and thickness.
- Salted Butter - Adds a rich buttery flavor that helps the sauce become more caramel-like.
- Heavy Cream - Gives the caramel sauce a thick texture and a creamy taste.
- Chopped Pecans - Add a nutty crunch throughout this easy slow cooker dessert.
How To Make Sticky Buns In The Slow Cooker
Combine wet ingredients: In a medium bowl, add brown sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup, melted butter, and heavy cream. Whisk until well combined.
Layer the sticky buns: Add ¼ cup of sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the biscuits on top of the sauce. Then, pour the remaining sauce over the biscuits.
Add the pecans: Sprinkle chopped pecans over the top of the biscuits in an even layer.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the top of the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 1½ to 2 hours. Once 90 minutes have passed, check the slow cooker at regular one-minute intervals to see when the biscuits are fully cooked. Then remove with a spatula and enjoy!
- Ensure the caramel sauce mixture is well combined to avoid any clumps in the final product.
- Check on the buns periodically after 90 minutes to prevent them from overcooking and drying out.
- If you want more pecan flavor, you can also use chopped pecans in the biscuit dough.
- For an extra sticky bun, add more of the caramel sauce on top after cooking.
- If you don't have a slow cooker, you can bake the sticky buns in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.
- Use different nuts: If you're not a fan of pecans, swap them out for hazelnuts, walnuts, or almonds.
- Add spices: To add more flavor to the buns, add cinnamon, allspice, or nutmeg to the wet ingredients.
- Use different types of syrup: If you don't have corn syrup on hand, you can use honey, agave nectar, or maple syrup instead.
- Use different types of cream: For a lighter sticky bun, you can use half and half or milk in place of heavy cream.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: Once cooled, store any leftover sticky buns in an airtight container at room temperature. They will last for up to four days.
Freezing: Let the sticky buns cool completely before freezing in a freezer-safe bag or container. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat.
Reheating: The best way to reheat sticky buns is by warming them in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the sticky buns on a baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until warmed through.
You'll know they're done when the biscuits are cooked through and fluffy. To check, insert a toothpick or knife into the center of one of the buns. If it comes out clean, they're ready to eat!
The main difference is in the topping. Cinnamon rolls are typically topped with a cream cheese frosting, while sticky buns are coated in a sticky caramel sauce.
You can use croissants, dinner rolls, or even muffin tops! Just make sure to adjust the cook time accordingly.
More Slow Cooker Desserts
Share It & Rate It
I would love it if you would leave a 5 Star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Then follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Slow Cooker Sticky Buns
- 1 (16.3 oz) biscuit dough (I used Pillsbury Grands original)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp corn syrup
- 10 tbsp salted butter (melted)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a medium bow, add brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, cinnamon, and heavy cream. Whisk until well combined.
- Add ¼ cup sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the biscuits on top of the sauce. Then, pour remaining sauce of the biscuits.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the top of the biscuits.
- Cover and cook on high for 1½ to 2 hours. After 1½ hours check the biscuits to see if they are cooked through. Continue to check every 1 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
*All nutrition information provided is automatically calculated and is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact numbers on your ingredients, I would recommend calculating them with your prefered nutrition calculator.
Those look amazing. I'm drooling here. Yum!
Thanks! I hope they are as good as they look.
I use my slow cooker a lot, but never for making sweet rolls like this. These look so gooey and delicious. Excited to try them!
It is a great way to make them. Enjoy!
I never heard of making these in a slow cooker... which makes me really excited about this recipe. Definitely need to give it a try!
It is such a great way to make them. Enjoy!
Yum, these look amazing! Love how simple they are- they'll be perfect for an upcoming brunch that I am hosting.
All your guests are going to love these at your brunch. Enjoy!
What a decadent and delicious recipe! Can’t wait to share these with my family when they come visit.
I am sure they will love it as much as I do.
Love how easy this recipe is. Can’t wait to try it this weekend.thank you for the recipe!
Awesome! It is such a great recipe that your family will love
I used the glaze over some homemade cinnamon rolls that I baked in an 8 by 8 inch dish. Delicious!! The balance of sweetness and crunch from the pecans is perfect!
Awesome! I am so glad you enjoyed it. It would be so good over homemade cinnamon rolls.