Check out my homemade Crock Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta for those Buffalo Wild Wings cravings! Skip the restaurant and whip up this deliciousness with just a few simple ingredients and garlic parmesan sauce in your slow cooker. Quick, easy, creamy, and seriously tasty—get ready for a flavor party in your kitchen!
If you're in search of an easy family dinner, this Buffalo Wild Wings copycat has got you covered. This popular wing restaurant also has delicious sauces, including their garlic parmesan. They paired this with chicken and pasta and put it on their menu for an instant favorite. It became so popular that they decided to start bottling the sauce and selling it in stores so people could make it homemade from scratch.
This recipe uses the crock pot to streamline the process and make it simple. Just put chicken, Parmesan garlic sauce (the BWW brand), cream cheese, and Parmesan into the slow cooker, let it cook until the chicken is tender, shred the chicken, and mix it back with the sauce. Add cooked pasta, garnish with parsley and red pepper flakes, and you're all set to enjoy a taste of Buffalo Wild Wings in your own kitchen.
Enjoy it as a standalone meal, or pair it with a side salad or Slow Cooker Foccacia. It's also great for leftovers, making it a convenient choice for a quick lunch throughout the week!
An Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Pasta for Busy Nights
- Save money by indulging in a restaurant-quality meal at home.
- The slow cooker does the heavy lifting, requiring minimal effort with maximum taste.
- Whip up a large batch of crock pot garlic parmesan chicken pasta. Perfect for feeding a hungry family or having leftovers for meal prep.
- Enjoy the rich, creamy Garlic Parmesan sauce that coats tender chicken and pasta, making it flavorful and delicious.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - Serves as the main protein in the dish, becoming tender and flavorful as it cooks in the slow cooker, absorbing the savory sauce.
- Cream Cheese - Adds a creamy texture to the sauce, enhancing its richness while adding a slightly tangy flavor.
- Minced Garlic - Infuses the recipe with a robust garlic flavor, elevating the overall taste.
- Parmesan Cheese - Provides a sharp and nutty cheese flavor, contributing to the cheesy goodness of the sauce.
- Heavy Cream - Ensures the sauce is creamy and indulgent, balancing the garlic and cheese flavors.
- Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce - The star of the show, it delivers the signature Buffalo Wild Wings taste, infusing the dish with its distinctive garlic Parmesan flavor, which can be found in most grocery stores or online.
- Rotini Pasta - Acts as the perfect vehicle for delivering all the flavors, soaking up the creamy goodness and ensuring a satisfying bite every time.
How To Make Crock Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
Prepare the chicken: Trim any excess fat from the chicken breast. Pat dry on both sides with a paper towel, then place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Add ingredients on top: Add the cream cheese and parmesan cheese to the slow cooker with the chicken, then pour the garlic parmesan sauce over the top.
Cover and cook: Add the lid to the top and cook on HIGH for 2½ - 3½ hours or LOW for 4½ - 5½ hours.
Shred the chicken: Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it and shred it with two forks. Add the sauce to the crock pot and toss until well-coated.
Combine with pasta: According to the package instructions, Cook the rotini pasta to al dente. Drain, then add the chicken and the sauce to the crock pot while hot. Mix until combined and serve with a garnish of fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Slow Cooking Tips
- To prevent the chicken from sticking to the slow cooker, lightly grease the bottom with cooking spray or a thin layer of oil.
- For extra creaminess, opt for full-fat cream cheese and heavy cream. The richness they bring will elevate the dish.
- To avoid curdling the heavy cream, add it to the slow cooker towards the end of the cooking time, just before serving.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, mix a teaspoon of cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water and add it to the slow cooker during the last hour of cooking.
- Don't skip the step of shredding the chicken and mixing it back into the sauce; this ensures each bite has a good amount of chicken.
- Adjust the Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce amount to suit your taste preference.
Flavor Variations and Substitutions
- Swap out the boneless skinless chicken breasts for boneless skinless chicken thighs for a richer and slightly darker meat flavor.
- Experiment with different types of pasta shapes – penne, fettuccine, or even bowtie pasta – to switch up the dish's texture and appearance.
- For a gluten-free version, use your favorite gluten-free pasta and ensure the sauces and ingredients you use are gluten-free.
- Enhance the dish with some greens by adding a handful of spinach or kale during the last hour of cooking for a nutritious twist.
- Spice it up with a pinch of red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, or hot sauce to give your pasta a kick of heat.
- Add some sautéed mushrooms for an earthy depth of flavor that pairs well with the creamy garlic sauce.
- Incorporate sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red peppers for a pop of sweet and tangy notes.
- Experiment with different cheese varieties like Asiago, Pecorino Romano, or Gouda to create a unique twist on the classic Parmesan flavor.
Storing & Freezing
Storing: You can keep garlic parmesan chicken pasta leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
Freezing: To freeze, place the dish in a freezer-safe container or zip-top bag, removing as much air as possible. Freeze for up to 2-3 months.
Reheating: Reheat portions in the microwave or on the stovetop in a pan with a splash of milk or cream to maintain the creamy texture.
It's not recommended to use frozen chicken, as the additional moisture can affect the cooking time and texture of the dish. Thaw your chicken breasts in the refrigerator overnight for best results.
You can use any garlic Parmesan sauce you prefer or even make your own; however, this one tastes as close to the restaurant version as possible.
Yes, you can prep the chicken and ingredients in the slow cooker insert the night before, cover it, and refrigerate. When you're ready to cook, simply place the insert into the slow cooker and follow the recipe as usual.
If the sauce is too thick, add a bit more heavy cream to reach your desired consistency. If it's too thin, you can make a slurry with cornstarch and cold water and stir it into the sauce to thicken it up.
More Crock Pot Chicken Pasta Recipes
- Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Crock Pot Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta
- Crock Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
SHARE IT & RATE IT
Crock Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb rotini pasta uncooked
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese Cut into eight pieces
- 3 tsp garlic minced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 12 oz garlic parmesan sauce I used Buffalo Wild Wings garlic parmesan sauce.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the cream cheese, garlic, and parmesan cheese on top. Then, pour garlic parmesan sauce over everything.
- Cover and cook on high for 2½ - 3½ hours or low for 4½ - 5½ hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred it with two forks. Add shredded chicken and heavy cream back in. Mix until well combined.
- Cook rotini pasta to al dente per directions on the package. Drain and add to the crock pot. Mix until well combined.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
*Nutrition information is an estimate. It may vary based on ingredients, brands, and changes in cooking methods listed in the recipe. If you need exact ingredient numbers, I recommend calculating them with your preferred nutrition calculator.